Coastal Medicare Connection August 2019
Susan Royce, Broker
Look for Senior Discounts where you might not have guessed
Medicare Plans & Senior discounts are some of the great perks that come as early as age 55+!
But before talking about the fun stuff , let’s start with a reminder –
Do You Use A CPAP Machine?
A CPAP Machine (used for Sleep Apnea and can be life saving), typically runs on electricity all night. Through a very good friend of mine that uses a CPAP Machine, I learned something and wanted to pass it along. There is a program available through most Electric/Utility companies that offset the energy used by a CPAP machine. In his case, an extra 495 kilowatt hours per month at the lowest Tier/Rate were add- ed for his needs. This cut his electric bill in half! Thought it was worth sharing. I did call our local Southern Orange County SDGE to inquire, and confirmed that this is not an income-based discount plan, but assistance for anyone that uses an Electrical Medical Device. For approval, it will require a form filled out and a signature from your doctor for proof of the need. Call your local Electric company and inquire.
Now for some of the fun stuff!
Senior discounts do vary by location. Before heading out, call your local store to ask about their discounts for seniors.
How Old Do You Have to Be to Receive a Senior Discount?
It can be a bit tricky – For example, many auto insurance companies will provide a senior discount to those who are over 50.
Many retail businesses offer discounts for those age of 55+.
The key here is that you do need to ask to get these savings options.
Senior Discounts – Retail, Travel and Phone/Internet
• NATIONAL PARKS PASS: Age 62+ ($80 for a lifetime Senior pass) Free entrance to all National Parks! Go to store.usgs.gov
• Marriott: Age 62+ 15% off your hotel stay
• Walgreens: offers lucrative senior discounts. Seniors can save 20% off one time a month. Seniors need to use their Balance rewards to obtain the discounts.
•American Airlines: There are various senior discounts that apply to various trips. Call to find out which are available.
• Amtrak: Senior pricing is available for most Amtrak locations. This ranges from 10% – 15% off.
• Alaska Airlines: My Favorite Airline! Seniors will save a significant amount of money with discount plane tickets. However, these vary by time frame. Most save 10%
• AT&T: Plans are available for seniors at reduced costs. (Free text & talk while in Mexico -Another Favorite of ours
• Verizon: Verizon offers senior plans and discounts.
• T-Mobile: Seniors over 55 can sign up for unlimited talk, text, and LTE data for two lines for a set price of $60 per month.
Special Note: Remember many Medicare Advantage Plans now include an Over the Counter Benefit, which provides amazing senior discounts!!! Call or email me to learn more or to see if your current plan includes this valuable
ARE YOU OR A FRIEND TURNING 65 AND NOT SURE WHAT TO DO?
I can make it easy to get you set up prior to your birthday month. There are some rules you must follow to avoid penalties. Call me for guidance or to set a no cost, home appointment.
Isn’t it great that you DO get something for free!?! My service is to help you through activation into Medicare A & B and enrollment into ANY plan of your choosing and making sure you include your Part D (drug plan) to eliminate any mistakes. I am compensated by the Medicare Plans themselves, so there is never a fee. I get paid exactly the same regardless of the company, so you are safe in knowing you do have a completely unbiased Agent in your corner. Even if it is past your birthday, I can still help, call me to learn more.
If you’re not the one Turning 65, please feel free to pass my name along to a friend that is. They will Thank you!
Newsletter Compliments of
Susan Royce, Licensed Agent / Broker Senior Plans
CA License #0K88635
Text/Call Direct: 949-933-8210